- You can't actually change back to the old UI from the timeline. :/
- There is no "known way" to disable or remove Facebook Timeline.
- Read more:-
(i) Complete raw fact. < Important!
(ii) How to get the Timeline for people who want it.
(iii) What happens when you DO upgrade to the Timeline.
Well, so the hard-wired fact is that YOU CAN'T DEGRADE ONCE YOU UPGRADE TO THE NEW UI. (TIMELINE).
But, we could do ATLEAST some things. I'm sure you're desperate to know. So read on.
We know (by now) that we can't get back our good old profile. The Timeline is here to stay. However, some of the new parts of this timeline can be changed if not the whole thing.
- The new Facebook Ticker Box: This element dynamically shows real time updates and notifications. Found in the top right are of the UI. Also above the chat box at times. (When chat window is open) Many might find this useful. (Trust me, I don't even look or bother about it!) But also (as usual) many hate this and consider it to be a huge distraction. So you might want to disable this:-
1. Google Chrome users: Chrome users can easily and permanently get rid of this ticker by jut installing the Facebook News Ticker Remover extension.
2. Firefox, Safari and Opera users: Can use Facebook Purity Addon collection. This extension has been updated to remove news ticker from Facebook website when you browse it in either of Firefox, Opera or Safari web browser. For example: Firefox users can open F.B Purity homepage and then click Firefox option to download relevant addon for web browser. Once addon is installed, restart Firefox Browser (you will get prompt for the same). After restart, open and login to Facebook. Click on FB Purity options button above news feed at the top of Facebook. (Below the status update text field.) This will open the options box, click to check "Ticker Bar" option and then click "Save and Close" button. This will remove ever so irritating new updates ticker.
3. Other Browser users: Other web browser users can also use the relevant userstyle script for removing the Facebook Ticker Box. You can use either this or this user scripts in web browser of your choice to remove real time new updates ticker box.
NOTE:- You can also "temporarily" hide the ticker box (and display it back) by clicking the icon shown below:-
- New fixed NavBar at top:- This is another feature of the new UI (User Interface). This one is one I can't actually stand. Seriously. Gets on my nerves! :P The rest are good indeed. But not this! x( Well, this new NavBar is cool enough but the only uncool part about is the fact that it sticks to the top of the screen, even though you scroll down. This pisses me. :/
1. For Google Chrome people: Just open your Chrome and install the Unannoying Facebook extension. Restart and use Facebook! :D
That's all for this post. Let's support the good features of Facebook by hitting the Like button below! I'll be bringing more cool stuff soon. So follow Hack A Shack on Facebook and Twitter, Use RSS and be cool!